The medical coder workforce shortage problem in healthcare has only worsened over the past few years. The industry has long been plagued with the increased complexity of medical documentation and regulations. COVID, the Great Resignation, a shaky job economy, and a pending recession haven’t helped.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the world suffered a shortage of millions of skilled workers in December 2021, and that number is expected to grow to more than 85 million by 2030.
At Pena4, we know these types of shortages can cause significant disruptions to companies of any size and in all states and throughout the world.
While some U.S. companies in healthcare will attempt to manage the shortage internally, others will try to look to escape the vicious hiring cycle and avoid spreading resources too thin. For innovative healthcare organizations in the U.S., this means using Pena4 to outsource the medical coding functionality to an overseas provider and assigning projects, tasks, and milestones to a dedicated team of remote medical coders. This saves hiring time and money by utilizing the entire bench of skilled, certified and experienced medical coders and professionals to ensure the right fit for all projects
Some of the benefits to partnering with an overseas solution include:
- Having access to the best talent, not just limited local talent.
- The opportunity to hire some of the highest performance global resources.
- Bypassing stifling inflation-driven costs and salaries associated with stateside candidates–lowering your overall expenditures.
- Lowering your operational costs including rent, taxes and equipment necessary for stateside employees.
- Increasing your operating and response hours to 24/7.
Pena4 offers solutions to protect and grow your business. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today by scheduling a call—it’s free, and we will prove to you that our overseas options can be the answer you’ve been looking for.